NZMUN Magazine and Newspaper Team Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accommodation

2 posters

Go down

Accommodation Empty Accommodation

Post  KostyaRoss Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:02 am

As you all may know, I am not from Wellington, and have never attended this conference before. Hence the question: are we to provide our own accommodation while down there? If this is the case, can you guys (or those more familiar) recommend a place for me to stay while down there that won't break my bank account irreparably? Thanks.
KostyaRoss
KostyaRoss
Admin

https://nzmunteam.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Accommodation Empty Re: Accommodation

Post  laura Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:37 am

Hi,

unfortunately accomodation is not included in the conference.
We are going to be up the hill in kelburn for three of the four days of the conference, at the university, so staying somewhere near access to the cable car to take you up is good. There is a backpackers near the railway station and lambton quay called downtown backpackers, I think this one would be the closest to the cablecar, it is also very close to rutherford house and parliament, where we are having the opening ceremony the first night.

The other backpackers in town (Base, YHA) are down the courtney place end, which is much more lively, especially at night, but further from the kelburn campus and you are stuck taking buses up the hill. T

Nomads is in the middle, and I think it is quite nice, but maybe a little more expensive.
The last day of the conference is at the michael fowler centre, which is in the middle of town right by Nomads.

In my experience, more of the delegates stay at the courtney place end of town, so if you dont want to be around them at night as well as during the day, it might be better to stay down lambton quay at the downtown backpackers or at Nomads.

Sorry for the overshare! I am bored at work and clearly spend too much time with the conference organisers! Smile

laura

Back to top Go down

Post  KostyaRoss Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:39 am

No, you're not oversharing at all - all this information is actually extremely helpful. Thanks very much!
KostyaRoss
KostyaRoss
Admin

https://nzmunteam.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum